All personal data is held according to guidelines and we are required to ensure that we have fully checked and verified the identity and residential address of all those bidding at auction and all those named on the contract. We will therefore need to have sight of your identity documentation, before any marketing may commence. We also undertake similar due diligence for all those selling at our auctions.
Before bidding we will need to receive copies of your identity documentation by one item from each list below. Copy documentation must be countersigned by and bearing an original signature of the person certifying the document and signed as true certified copies. Only copies certified by a UK lawyer, UK banker, authorised financial intermediary such as an independent financial advisor, regulated mortgage broker, certified accountant, teacher, doctor, minister of religion, post master or sub-postmaster are acceptable.
List A - evidence of identity (including photograph)
- Current valid signed passport
- Current valid signed UK photo-card driving licence
- A valid identity card (HM forces, police warrant card, prison officer, government or local authority issued)
- A firearm or shotgun licence
List B - evidence of residence (and showing your name)
- An original Inland Revenue tax notification, self-assessment statement or tax demand
- An original household insurance certificate
- An original utility bill less than three months old (not mobile phone bill)
- An original council tax bill less than three months old
- An original council rent book showing rent paid for the last three months
- An original mortgage statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended
- An original statement for either current bank, building society or credit card which must be less than three months old
For Limited Companies we will require a copy of the certificate of incorporation, Confirmation of all directors and shareholders all to be evidenced by documents deposited at Companies House. For UK trusts, companies and partnerships, occupational pension schemes, registered charities in England and Wales, local authorities or non-UK individuals you should contact us well in advance of Buying or selling at the auction or buying to confirm the documentation we require.
Please note we may carry our electronic verification of any documentation provided.