241, Balham High Road, LONDON, London, SW17 7BE
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
want to sell one similar?
some helpful tips to get you started
investment with rent reserved at £33,750 per annum
retail let for 25 years from September 2014, upper maisonette let on Regulated Tenancy
rent review September 2019
The property is located on the east side of Balham High Road (forming part of the A24) between its junctions with Streathbourne Road to the north and Drakefield Road to the south. This is a busy retail parade fronting the A24 which carries a high volume of passing vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Tooting Bec underground station (Northern Line) lies to the south whilst Balham underground and rail station lies to the north. This parade serves a densely populated surrounding residential catchment together with high visibility from the volume of passing vehicular traffic.
The property comprises this mid terrace building forming part of a retail parade. The ground floor and basement is let and utilised as The Curtain Workshop. There is a separate gated entrance off treathbourne Road which provides access to the upper floor maisonette.
On reversion of the upper floor tenancy the space provides enormous potential for redevelopment and possible conversion to a number of self contained flats which also could incorporate extension into the roof space to create a mansard further enhancing the space available for conversion maybe to three or four separate self contained flats. Purchasers are deemed to rely on their own enquiries with regard to development potential and planning permissions required on reversion of the upper floor tenancy. These details show a computer generated image of the property with additional mansard floor.
Retail zone A 24.22sqm (260.7sq.ft.)
Retail zone B 39.29sqm (422.9sq.ft.)
Retail zone B (cont.) 0.63sqm (6.7sq.ft.)
Retail zone C 13.3sqm (143.1sq.ft.)
Retail zone C (cont.) 3.92sqm (42.1sq.ft.)
Staff WC, basement storage 39.8sqm (428.4sq.ft.)
Total internal area 121.2sqm (1,304.5sq.ft.)
EPC rating: E
The ground floor shop is let to R and T Griffiths t/a The Curtain Workshop for 25 years from 29th September 2014 on full repairing and insuring terms with upwards only rent reviews every 5 years. Current rent £24,000 per annum. Next review due September 2019. A rent deposit of £6,000 is held.
Self contained maisonette comprising:
Third floor: Two rooms
Second floor: Two rooms, kitchen/dining room
First floor: Two rooms, bathroom, separate WC, utility room
EPC rating: TBA
The property is let on a Regulated Tenancy at a registered rent of £812.50 per calendar month effective 22nd February 2018.
The tenancy originally commenced 6th January 1968.
total rent reserved:
£33,750 per annum
Please note casual callers will not be admitted to the residential upper parts. For viewing access please contact the auctioneers.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.