Former Baptist Church, off, Church Bank, ALCESTER, Warwickshire, B49 6NS
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
want to sell one similar?
some helpful tips to get you started
circa 856sq.ft. (79.5sqm) internal space plus balcony
full vacant possession with conversion prospects (STPP)
Temple Grafton lies to the west of Stratford-Upon-Avon to the south of the A46 Alcester Road. The village itself provides basic amenities which include primary school, parish church and public house whilst Alcester lies approximately 4 miles to the east providing a more comprehensive range of services. The A46 lies to the north providing access east to Stratford-upon-Avon which is within approximately 7 miles where there is a major selection of not only retail shopping facilities but also commercial, leisure and other facilities within this town of Shakespeare’s birth place. The A46 as mentioned provides access east towards Stratford-upon- Avon continuing north east towards the M40 motorway at Sherbourne. The A46 also leads west connecting to the A422 providing access to the M5 motorway at Worcester. The property itself lies to the rear of Hilltop Cottage which fronts Church Bank within the centre of Temple Grafton.
This character property is the former Baptist Church and comprises a detached building which is understood to date back to the early 19th century. The building is of stone elevation beneath a pitched stone tiled roof standing within its own plot with right of way access along the path adjoining the garden of Hilltop Cottage. The building itself is a single storey with first floor gallery and benefits from a number of features with windows to three sides, open gallery area with exposed part panelled walls and many other attractive features.
The property’s current use falls within class D1 of the use class order as a place of worship. This would also permit other community use including clinics, surgeries, crèches, day nurseries and consulting rooms. Purchaser may wish to also consider the potential for conversion to a single residential dwelling which would require planning and listed building consent and buyers are deemed to rely on their own enquiries with regard to alternative uses and planning permissions required.
the accommodation provides:
Entrance porch with steps leading to first floor gallery, main chapel approximately 605sq.ft. (57sqm), vestry room, passage to store and WC.
Friday 20th July at 4:30pm
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.