146a & Flats 1&2, 146b, St. James Road, SOUTHAMPTON, Hampshire, SO15 5LZ
starts 09:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
want to sell one similar?
some helpful tips to get you started
Arranged as 3 apartments (2 x 2 bed & 1 x 3 bed)
Suitable for cash buyers/property professionals only
3D Tour: Click Here
Freehold with Vacant Possession
This detached property is located in the established and highly requested residential area of Upper Shirley. The property can be found on the corner of St James Road and Bellemoor Road, opposite St James Park and is well placed for the amenities in Winchester Road and Shirley High Street. The area is well placed for access into Southampton City Centre and for transport connections, with the M3 and M27 motorways only a short drive away.
This imposing detached villa requires complete modernisation and renovation, together with a roof replacement after recent fire damage. The property offers spacious accommodation which is currently arranged as 2 x 2 bedroom and 1 x 3 bedroom apartments. The property offers the option
for continued usage in its current configuration, whilst equally offering the potential for reconfiguration and further division of the layout, together with the potential for reinstatement to a single dwelling or complete redevelopment (STPP), making this an ideal purchase for property professionals
Ground Floor: 146a - Entrance Hallway with Stairs to Basement, Dining Room, Living Room, Separate WC, Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom One, Bedroom Two, Bedroom Three.
146b - Reception Hallway with Stairs to First Floor.
First Floor: Flat 1 – Entrance Hallway, Living Room, Kitchen with hatch to loft room, Bedroom One, Bedroom Two, Bathroom, Separate WC.
Flat 2 – Entrance Hallway, Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom One, Bedroom
Outside: The property boasts enclosed front and rear gardens, with off road parking to rear which is accessed from Bellemoor Road and a pedestrian access from St. James Road.
(1) The property requires complete modernisation and has recently suffered fire damage predominantly to the roof area, making it suitable for cash buyers and property professionals only. (2) The red line plan shown is for guidance purposes only. Buyers are advised to view the legal pack to clarify the exact boundaries of what is being sold, prior to bidding.#
146a - TBC, Flats 1 & 2, 146b - D.
Fox & Sons Auctioneers
32-34 London Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 2AG
T 023 8033 8066
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1,150 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Photographs and Measurements: Some images may have been taken by a wide angled lens camera. These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.