Plot 6 adj. Lodsworth House, off, Giles Lane, PETWORTH, West Sussex, GU28 9BY
starts 09:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
Ownership includes shared use of Pool and Tennis court
Freehold with Full vacant Possession
Development Prospects subject to Planning
Drone Video Tour: Click Here
Set in land adjoining Lodsworth House these plots provide a truly unique opportunity to invest in a parcel of land, the ownership of which provides the owner with rights to use the existing leisure facilities of a swimming pool and tennis court within the grounds of Lodsworth House. Petworth is a small town located some 12 miles from Chichester and the coast, it lies on the A272 which leads west to the A3 at Petersfield or east to the A24 at Horsham. There is a good range of local facilities within Petworth with the surrounding countryside providing a host of leisure facilities whilst the south coast is easily accessible.
These plots provide a host of opportunities for a buyer, some of which may not require any planning permission at all. Buyers must rely upon their own enquiries as to permissions required but , given ownership of the plots comes with use of the pool and tennis court leisure facilities, these plots could provide an ideal country escape and space to park or store a caravan or similar leisure vehicle. Alternatives could also include development of a log cabin style lodge or even a more substantial and permanent residential dwelling. The land is not located within an area of outstanding natural beauty, is not located within the greenbelt and is understood not to be subject to any covenant that would prevent development. Access to the land is via the private roadway leading to and past Lodsworth House and this roadway will be sold in equal shares to the plot buyers as part of the transfer.
Lot: SOLD - Plot 1 - Plot Size/Sold: SOLD
Lot:22 - Plot 2 - Plot Size/Sold: 0.53 Acre
Lot: SOLD - Plot 3 - Plot Size/Sold: SOLD
Lot: 23 - Plot 4 - Plot Size/Sold: 0.32 Acre
Lot: SOLD - Plot 5 - Plot Size/Sold: SOLD
Lot 24 - Plot 6 - Plot Size/Sold: 0.30 Acre
Lot: SOLD - Plot 7 - Plot Size/Sold: SOLD
The images / artist impressions shown in these details are strictly to provide some indicative ideas and buyers must complete all their planning enquiries for intended use/ development prior to purchase.
An article 4 Notice applies to this land – Please refer to auctioneers for details regarding this.
Note Re CGIs:
The computer generated images are only to provide ideas of potential use subject to permissions where required.
Please note prospective purchasers should not visit the land unaccompanied and are requested to respect the privacy and quiet enjoyment of facilities by the adjoin owners. Viewings will be accompanied and by appointment only. Please contact the auctioneers to book your viewing of any (or all) of these plots
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1,150 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Photographs and Measurements: Some images may have been taken by a wide angled lens camera. These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.