Harwood House and annex, Park Road, MELTON MOWBRAY, Leicestershire, LE13 1TX
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
Development potential (STPP)
Current use as offices
Part vacant – current rent £24,000 per annum
Melton Mowbray is promoted as Britain’s “Rural Capital of Food” and lies on the River Eye. This Leicestershire town is a home to a population of over 25,000 and is located some 19 miles north east of Lecester and 20 miles south east of Nottingham. The property itself lies within the heart of the
town with Park Road being just off the A607 which is near its junction with the A606 which leads north west to the A46 and Nottingham. This locality is home to a number of major national occupiers including
Carphone Warehouse, KFC, Pets at Home, Quick-fit and Lidl Supermarket. The town is well served by transport links which not only include local bus routes but also a rail connection at Melton Mowbray which links directly to Birmingham New Street, Cambridge and Stanstead airport. Within the immediate vicinity is a mix of both commercial uses and residential property whilst Park Road itself leads directly to the pedestrianised retail centre of Melton Mowbray.
This character stone built building established in 1919 is currently arranged to provide office accommodation within the main Harwood House with parking facilities to the rear. Immediately adjoining and interlinking via doorways that could easily be sealed and separate, is the annex, which provides additional office space over ground and first floors with its own separate street entrance to Park Road.
The building provides office accommodation over both floors totalling some 284.7sqm (3,064sq.ft.) plus the annex. The internal area of the annex was not measured at the time of producing these details and purchasers are requested to contact the auctioneers for the exact size of the annex although this two floor element sits on a footprint of some 67sqm (721sq.ft.) and would therefore have a gross built area of double this.
Floor plans will be available from the auctioneers. Please either visit our website to view these when available or call the auctioneers on 0208 741 9990.
The building clearly provides some opportunity for sympathetic development and given its locality being within a mix of both residential and commercial property could provide the opportunity to convert the building and possible add an additional floor within internal re-arrangements therefore providing a number of self-contained flats. These details do show a computer generated image of such development that purchasers may wish to take forward to the local authority planning department for pre-planning application advice. Also buyers may wish to consider conversion of the building under permitted development but in any event, buyers are deemed to rely entirely on their own enquiries with regard to development potential.
The offices within the annex are offered with vacant possession. The main office accommodation within Harwood House is let on a lease to Osbornes Tax and Advisory Ltd for a term expiring 21st July 2021 at a current rent of £24,000 per annum.
The current rent was effective 21st July 2013.
VAT is not applicable to this sale.
Strictly and only by prior arrangement with the auctioneers. Please see important advice for viewers on page 19 of the catalogue.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1,150 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.