St. Marks Medical Centre, 42, Derby Road, SOUTHPORT, Merseyside, PR9 0TZ
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
Investment let at £130,000 per annum plus VAT
Three yearly rent reviews – next due 2020
Southport is a large seaside town within the Merseyside area with the 2001 census showing a population of some 90,336 making it the eleventh most popular settlement in North West England. This coastal town is located some 17 miles north of Liverpool and 15 miles south west of Preston. Today Southport is one of the most popular seaside resorts in the UK and is host to a variety of events including being the largest independent flower show in the UK and the town is also the centre of England Golf Coast and has
hosted the Open Championship and is host to a Royal Birkdale Golf Club. The property itself lies close to the heart of Southport Centre and lies off the east side of Derby Road with the main shopping centre of Southport lying to the west. The surgery and pharmacy serves a densely populated catchment but also benefits from being within close proximity of the town centre with the leisure facilities of the coast and Princes Park all located to the west. Transport links in the area include local bus routes while Southport
is host to the mainline rail terminal (Mersey Rail and Northern). Road links in the area include the A570 lying to the south and the A565 Coastal Road to the north.
The property itself is a Grade II listed structure and was originally the Church Street Chapel and later became known and St Mark’s Methodist Church. In 2005 the building was recommissioned for its current use becoming St Mark’s Medical Centre and Pharmacy with later ground floor additions and works to create a two storey structure within the shell of the building with this structure providing administrative offices and consulting rooms. In total, the building together with ground floor annex has a gross floor area of
some 12,908sq.ft. set within grounds of some 0.5 acres which provide car parking facilities within a secure gated entrance. Externally the building still presents all of its appeal through its former use whilst internally provides the accommodation required fit for purpose and it is understood that a nearby doctor’s surgery has recently merged their practice into St Mark’s Medical Centre.
The gross internal floor areas are:
Ground floor 5,080sq.ft. (472sqm)
First floor 3,725sq.ft. (346sqm)
Second floor 1,528sq.ft. (142sqm)
Former church hall 1,765sq.ft. (164sqm)
Total gross internal floor area (measured within external walls) 12,098sq.ft. (1,124sqm)
The entire property is let to doctors Jeoffrey Hedley, Ian Jolly, Raj Patel and Shaun Meehan for a term of 20 years from 28th February 2005 at a current rent of £130,000 plus VAT per annum. The lease provides for rent reviews every 3 years, next due February 2020.
£130,000 per annum plus VAT.
VAT is applicable to this lot.
Strictly and only by prior appointment with the auctioneers.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1,150 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus makes every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers’ risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.