Former Church and Hall, Norman Street, ILKESTON, Derbyshire, DE7 8NR
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
Freehold former church and hall
Development potential/alternative uses (STPP)
Full vacant possession
Cotmanhay is a popular and predominantly residential area lying to the north of Ilkeston which is located north east of the county town of Derby. Cotmanhay itself provides a good range of shopping and recreational facilities and lies on the A6007 south of the A610 and to the west of the M1 motorway(junction 26). The area is well served by transport links with the A6007 leading south to Ilkeston whilst public transport links are provided by local bus routes together with a rail connection at Ilkeston (East
Midlands and Northern Line).
The property comprises this substantial pair of buildings. The main church is originally of brick construction beneath a pitched tiled roof and is internally arranged to provide the main former church area which has attractive vaulted ceilings, galleried areas and ancillary meeting rooms. The adjoining church hall comprises this single storey building which adjoins the church and has interconnecting doors to the church rooms at the rear. The church hall is arranged to provide a number of meeting rooms with kitchen and WC facilities within the church hall and church itself.
The properties are sold on an unconditional basis but clearly offer a huge potential for a number of opportunities or alternative uses subject to the necessary consents. Within the current usage class there are many opportunities such as children’s nursery and other similar uses. Purchasers may wish to also consider development of the site either to convert the existing buildings or partial new build subject to the necessary consents and buyers are deemed to rely on their own enquiries with regard to planning permissions required.
Strictly and only by prior arrangement with the joint auctioneers: Exclusive Properties, Tel: 0208 432 7330
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1,150 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.
The legal documents are not yet available, please save the Lot to be notified when they become available or when they change.