Charnage Quarry, Chaddenwick Hill, WARMINSTER, Wiltshire, BA12 6AP
starts 11:00 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
want to sell one similar?
some helpful tips to get you started
located on main A303 arterial road
planning granted for further chalk extraction and restoration
potential for industrial park development – see CGI images (STPP)
total site area approximately 10 acres
The property lies on the north side of the A303 which is the main arterial link between Basingstoke and the M3 (junction 8) leading to the south west and Exeter where it links to the M5 motorway via the A30. This strategic location benefits from fast road links to a number of major conurbations in the area including Shaftesbury (9 miles), Warminster (11 miles), Salisbury (23 miles), Yeovil (24 miles) and Bath (28 miles). Other communications include a rail link at both Gillingham and Tisbury which provide direct services to London Waterloo. Mere itself provides a good range of local facilities whilst more comprehensive services may be found at Shaftesbury to the south or Warminster to the north.
The site is accessed directly off the A303 with this access shared by the adjoining
storage unit providing a gated and secure entrance. Located north of the existing
storage unit. The property comprises this former quarry the majority of which with the level base with a total site area extending to some 10 acres. The quarry was previously worked by Hanson whose tenancy expired in 2016. Whilst it is understood that there are approximately 135,000 tonnes of chalk available for extraction (purchasers are deemed to rely on their own enquiries in this respect) the site has a number of alternative potential uses subject to the necessary consents. Planning permission was granted on 29th June 1994 for the winning and working of chalk together with ancillary activities following which the site would be restored to an agreed restoration scheme. An alternative development of the site could be for a number of business/industrial units as shown in the computer generated images within these particulars. These images are provided for guidance purposes only and buyers are deemed to rely on their own enquiries but may wish to utilise these to take forward pre-planning advice with the local authority.
total site area:
Approximately 10 acres.
local authority planning department:
Wiltshire County Council, Tel: 0300 456 0100.
Strictly and only by prior arrangement with the joint auctioneers: Exclusive Property Consultants, Tel: 0208 432 7330.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.