Land opposite Canfold Cottages, Bookhurst Road, CRANLEIGH, Surrey, GU6 7DR
starts 09:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
Opposite Residential and adjoining new development
Development Potential (stpp)
Full Vacant Possession
Set on the outskirts of the town of Cranleigh the site lies off the south side of Bookhurst Road opposite Canfold Cottages and close to the residential development of the former brickworks. This is a popular Surrey Hills location with Bookhurst Road forming the part of the road link between the picturesque village of Ewhurst to the popular and historic town of Cranleigh. Within Cranleigh itself is a comprehensive range of shopping facilities together with a large selection of bars and restaurants together with other recreational facilities. The commercial centre of Guildford is easily accessible to the North West whilst Dorking lies to the North East. The A24 lies to the west providing access north to Dorking and then beyond to Leatherhead where it links to the M25 motorway at junction 9.
The site comprises some 2.07 acres with extensive road frontage and access via a dropped kerb to Bookhurst Road. The dropped kerb point of access has substantial width, possibly to accommodate at least two cars width and already has a cleared area to pull onto the site directly from the highway. Whilst the land is sold on an unconditional basis, given its proximity to the recent residential development to the west, the former brickworks and, lying directly opposite the residential dwellings of Canfold Cottages buyer may wish to consider a future development prospects for this site. Whilst the seller has no intention of applying for planning themselves, they have provided an indicative scheme for a single dwelling development whilst buyers may also wish to consider, given the size of the land, the potential that may exist for a more intense development of multiple dwellings. Buyers are strictly deemed to, and must rely solely on their own enquiries and research but may wish to utilise the computer generated images shown in these particulars to take forward their own pre application planning advice and enquiries.
Total Site Area
Approximately 2.07 acres.
By application to the site in daylight hours, no appointment necessary.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1,150 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers’ risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Photographs and Measurements: Some images may have been taken by a wide angled lens camera. These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.