Charnage Quarry, Chaddenwick Hill, WARMINSTER, Wiltshire, BA12 6AP
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
post extraction landfill opportunity
planning granted for further chalk extraction and restoration
total site area approximately 11.5 acres
full vacant possession
Mere lies off the A303 and is a small historic town located between Shaftesbury to the south and Warminster to the north. The quarry lies directly off the north side of the A303 which provides fast links east towards the M3 at Basingstoke or south west towards the west country. Communications are further enhanced by rail connections at both Gillingham and Tisbury which provide direct services to London Waterloo. The towns and villages near to the quarry provide an extensive range of shopping, recreational and other facilities.
The site comprises a total area of approximately 11.5 acres and is accessed directly via a tarmac entrance to the A303 Chaddenwick Hill. In addition to the extensive quarry area there is a large open seven bay steel framed building of some 60ft x 130ft previously utilised for the grading and storage of chalk extracted from the quarry.
desctotal site area:
Approximately 11.5 acres (4.67ha).
The quarry was last utilised by the previous tenants until mid 2016. It is understood that there are approximately 135,000 tonnes of chalk available for extraction within the current planning permission. Planning permission was granted on 29th June 1994 for the winning and working of chalk together with ancillary activities. This planning provides for mineral working operations for a period of 50 years
from date of planning permission being granted. The planning further grants that following cessation of extraction at the site, the site will be restored to an agreed restoration scheme within a period of 5 years and therefore subject to any other necessary consents required, provides an excellent landfill opportunity.
Purchasers are deemed to rely on their own enquiries with regard to further extraction and landfill potential.
local planning authority:
Wiltshire County Council, Tel: 0300 456 0100.
Strictly and only by prior arrangement with the joint auctioneers: Exclusive Property Consultants,
Tel: 020 8432 7330
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.
The legal documents are not yet available, please save the Lot to be notified when they become available or when they change.