8-12, Whitton Road, TWICKENHAM, Middlesex, TW1 1BJ
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
want to sell one similar?
some helpful tips to get you started
total rent reserved £53,000 per annum
one rent review October this year
upper flats sold on long leases with ground rent review 2023
The property lies in this prominent position on the east side of Whitton Road close to its junction with London Road and to the south of the A316 Chertsey Road. The location serves a densely populated surrounding catchment whilst additional trade may be gained from high volume of passing vehicular traffic and commuters traveling to Twickenham Rail Station located just to the south. The A316 lies to the north leading south west towards the M3 motorway and north east towards Richmond, Hammersmith and West London. Other transport links in the area include local bus routes which serve the surrounding catchment. This popular South West London suburb benefits from a good range of recreational pursuits lying close to the River Thames with a range of recreation grounds and Twickenham Stadium, the home of English Rugby Union lying to the north.
The property comprises this modern three storey building with a tiled mansard roof. There are three retail units at ground floor level (one interconnecting). Above this are eight self contained flats known as Odyssey House, all of the flats are sold on long leases.
Please see attached brochure
total rent reserved:
£53,000 pa – rent review for shop 10-12 Whitton Road October this year. VAT is applicable to this lot.
The freeholder has served the requisite notices under the Landlord and Tenants Act on the residential lessees and they have NOT reserved their rights to purchase.
The ground rent payable by each flat is reviewed every 15 years upward only. The review is the same proportion as rent payable to premium paid as granting the lease to its capital value at review plus an index linked multiplier. Purchasers should refer to schedule 4 in the lease for the full calculation.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus makes every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers’ risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.