Langley Vale Service Station, Langley Vale Road, EPSOM, Surrey, KT18 6AW
starts 11:00 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
want to sell one similar?
some helpful tips to get you started
comprising petrol station, shop, service centre and car sales forecourt
total site area approximately 0.38 acre
reversionary development potential (STPP) – leases expire in 12 years
The property lies to the south west of the famous Epsom Racecourse and on the east side of Langley Vale Road. Langley Vale Road leads north east from the property towards Epsom Racecourse and The Downs with Epsom Centre lying further to the north. Langley Vale Road links south west to Hedley Road which leads south towards Betchworth and Dorking or north towards Ashtead where it links to the A24. Not only does the property benefit from high visibility road frontage but a volume of passing vehicular traffic both from local residents and those travelling north from locations such as Leatherhead towards Epsom town centre. The area is well served by transport links with the A217 lying to the east, the A24 to the west whilst the M25 motorway lies to the south.
Very strictly and only by prior arrangement with the auctioneers.
Set within a total site area of approximately 0.38 acres the property comprises this site with significant road frontage to Langley Vale Road. It adjoins some commercial retail units to the north whilst the properties to the east are mainly residential. Currently the property is of mixed use and comprises the main petrol station forecourt with ancillary shop providing petrol sale and mini market shop. Adjoining this there is a workshop and service centre whilst on the other side of the shop there is an open car sales forecourt providing parking for approximately 20 cars together with porta cabin offices. This is a busy trading position and Langley Road is frequently utilised as an alternative shortcut between the M25/ A216 Redhill Exit via Tattenham Corner and utilised by commuters as a bypass off Epsom Town Centre.
The site evidently provides superb investment prospects as a well-established car retail location with petrol filling station, ancillary shop and workshops for Langley Vale recovery services. Whilst all the leases are secured for a term of 15 years and will not expire until March 2031, a purchaser may wish to consider reversionary development prospects for this site. As an alternative to continued commercial use, there may be an opportunity to develop the site either for residential, a mixed use scheme or alternatively other potential uses such as nursing home etc. which would benefit from the close proximity to Epsom Town Centre. Purchasers are eemed to rely on their own enquiries with regard to future development potential.
Please see attached brochure
total current rent reserved:
£68,700 per annum.
VAT is not applicable to this lot.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus makes every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers’ risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.