The Old Cottage, 19, The Hollow, DERBY, Derbyshire, DE23 6GH
starts 09:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
Extended grade II listed, thatched cottage
Situated in a majestic and elevated position on The Hollow, in Littleover Village, is The Old Cottage.The property is an extended, Grade 2 listed thatched cottage believed to date back to the 15th century,on the former estate of Sir Richard Harpur born around 1500. The cottage has been extended from its original structure, a number of times over the years. It has been a home for many generations of farming families, a popular wayside inn, a religious meeting house and, in the last century, home to Walter Haynes, the village hedge layer and cutter. The cottage is superb inside, having a wealth of character and charm, with exposed oak beams and framework throughout. The decor has been tastefully done, enhancing the
atmosphere. The accommodation in brief, comprises entrance hallway, sitting room, dining room, snug, kitchen, and ground floor bathroom. The first floor sees three good sized bedrooms, two with built-in wardrobes which provide ample storage. There is also a separate shower room. The outside space is excellent, with wraparound, well-appointed gardens including wildflowers, pear and damson trees, a mature beech hedge, and newly planted, mixed native hedging. There is a detached double garage with spacious upper room. Littleover Village has a good selection of local shops, and excellent schools nearby, Derby City Centre, the A38, A50,and A52 are all easily accessible.
Ground Floor: Enclosed entrance porch, lounge, dining room, kitchen.
First Floor: Landing, two bedrooms, bathroom WC.
Exterior: Enclosed rear garden.
By arrangement with the auctioneers - please see important advice for viewers on page 19 of this catalogue
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1,150 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus make every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Photographs and Measurements: Some images may have been taken by a wide angled lens camera. These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.
The legal documents are not yet available, please save the Lot to be notified when they become available or when they change.