Westgate Industrial Estate, The Street, Near Ashford, Kent, TN29 0DZ
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
4 acre “brownfield” site with 43,400sq.ft. internal areas
significant redevelopment or expansion opportunity (STPP)
The industrial estate is located within Newchurch which lies some 9 miles south of the M20 motorway (junction 10), 11 miles from Ashford International Rail Station, 13 miles from the Channel Tunnel Terminal and 23 miles from Dover. This strategic location which also lies to the east of the A2070 is ideally
positioned to utilise the international networks available within the locality together with the port of Dover lying slightly further to the north east.
Lying within a total site of just over 4 acres, the property comprises this former industrial estate and distribution centre which is mainly divided into a west and east section. The total built footprint of some 3,200m2 represents a site coverage of only 7% and therefore the site offers a huge potential for expansion of the existing commercial space for a far more intense site utilisation. The site benefits
from significant road frontage to highway and could be reasonably described as a “brownfield” site and therefore may hold other development opportunities which could include a redevelopment for residential providing a significant number of dwellings subject to the necessary consents. Alternative uses could include expanded use as a distribution centre or lorry/storage depot following “Brexit”.
These details show a concept image and plan for the development of the site for greater land utilisation as a commercial development plus an alternative residential scheme. Purchasers are deemed to rely on their own enquiries in respect to development opportunities.
Arranged in two main (west and east) buildings the property offers a total
internal area of some 4,032qm (43,400sq.ft.) arranged to provide:
Total warehouse area 2,055sqm (22,121sq.ft.)
Total office area 420.8sqm (4,529.4sq.ft.)
Total areas under mezzanine floors 620sqm (6,679sq.ft.)
Internal storage areas 711.4sqm (7,657.4sq.ft.)
Showroom 119.4sqm (1,285.2sq.ft.)
External stores 105sqm (1,130sq.ft.)
total site area:
Approximately 1.65 ha (4.09 acres).
Strictly and only by prior arrangement with the auctioneers: Executive Property Consultants, Tel: 020 8432 7330
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus makes every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers’ risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.
The legal documents are not yet available, please save the Lot to be notified when they become available or when they change.