126, New Street, BURTON-ON-TRENT, Staffordshire, DE14 3QW
starts 10:30 AM at Grand Connaught Rooms
Two retail areas plus three floors of offices above
Planning permission granted for conversion of upper floors to seven apartments
Situated within the heart of Burton-on-Trent this prominent building is located within the main commercial district of the Town yet close to residential properties and benefits from close proximity to the main shopping district of Burton-on- Trent. New Street itself leads of Union Street with the property located on the north side of New Street. The Town is host to an extensive range of shopping facilities and recreational pursuits. The area is also well served by public transport inks provided by local bus routes serving the surrounding area and a mainline rail connection within the Town. Road links are provided by the A38 which leads North East towards Derby or South West to Lichfield.
The property comprises this substantial four floor character building with a total internal area exceeding 560 sq m ( 6,027 sq ft ) . It is currently arranged to provide two ground floor retail areas with office accommodation above over first , second and third floors together with parking to the rear of the building.
Planning Permission has been granted by East Staffordshire Borough Council on 1st August 2016 ( application No P/2016/00778 ) for the Conversion of the first, second and third floors ( which comprises an area in excess of 400 sq m – 4,300 sq ft ) to form seven self-contained apartments. Once completed the arranged of the apartments would be :
First Floor: One x 2 bedroom apartment and One x 3 Bedroom apartment
Second Floor: Three x 2 bedroom apartments
Third Floor: Two x 1 bedroom apartments
Copies of the planning permission and plans are available from the auctioneers.
The two ground floor retail areas and the first floor offices are currently let to Juniper Trading on full repairing and insuring terms for 3 years expiring 20th December 2020 at £35,735 per annum . The remainder of the building is offered with vacant possession.
Strictly and only by arrangement with the Auctioneers.
For each Lot, a contract documentation fee of £1000 (inclusive of VAT) is payable to Barnard Marcus Auctions by the buyer. The seller may charge additional fees payable upon completion. If applicable, such fees are detailed within the Special Conditions of Sale. Buyers are deemed to bid in full knowledge of this.
The Guide Price quoted must not be relied upon by prospective purchasers as a valuation or assessment of value of the property. It is intended to provide purchasers with an indication of the region at which the reserve may be set at the time of going to press. The guide price may be subject to variation and interested parties are advised to make regular checks for variations and should be aware that the reserve price may be either below or above the quoted guide price.
Prospective purchasers should also be aware that the eventual sale price may be above or below the guide level dependent upon competition, and should therefore not presume the guide to be indicative of the final expected sale price or the price the property is available at.
When setting the guide price, the auctioneers have given consideration to the seller’s instructions in respect of their indicated reserve price at the time of instruction. The reserve price, (the level below which the property will not be sold), remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. The guide price therefore, is intended to indicate the region at which the reserve price is intended to be set. The seller will confirm their final reserve price close to the auction date and if appropriate the auctioneers may adjust the guide price to reflect this.
Whilst Barnard Marcus makes every effort to ensure the safety and security of viewers at properties, we have not carried out a detailed Health & Safety inspection of properties in our auctions and cannot therefore guarantee the safety and security of viewers.
Prospective purchasers and bidders attend properties entirely at their own risk. Particular care should be taken when accessing cellars, attics, exterior grounds and outbuildings and boundaries. All non-conducted inspections of vacant sites should be made in daylight hours only and entry into such sites is entirely at the viewers’ risk.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Lot location is based upon nearest property postcode only. Actual location of property being sold may differ.
Information about this lot will be sent to your friend.
The legal documents are not yet available, please save the Lot to be notified when they become available or when they change.